Friday, December 13, 2013

Spanking Stories Book Club: Year in Review

Good Morning! We are doing things a bit differently this month since I'm sure you're all busy and don't necessarily have time to be reading and getting your geek on each week. If you have taken the time to stop by today, thanks. I know this time of year is crazy and I appreciate it.


I started this book club last January doing one book per month, but then moved to doing one book per week. Fortunately several people agreed to host the book club to talk about books they'd read in order to lighten my burden of trying to read a book a week and also to bring a bit of diversity in story choices.

If I was a good blogger, I'd list links here to all the discussions and books we read. But, I'm not, however, I will point you to my blog archive over in the side bar which should list all the times the Spanking Story Book Club met.

Just to jog your memory, I'll list a few of the books we talked about

Body Politics by Cara Bristol
Desire in Any Language by Anastasia Vitsky
To Love A Woman by Jade Carey
Rules of War by Sue Lyndon
The Devil of Whiskey Row by Renee Rose
Coming to Terms--We read one story per week from this anthology.
Spanking Ms. Whitman by Kate Richards
The Headstrong Ms. Henley by Emma K. Gardner
Bound for Disappointment by Sheri Savill
Correcting Kathy by Patricia Green
Destiny's Chance by Cara Bristol
Marked by the Alpha by Adaline Raine
The Grass Could Be Greener by Constance Masters
Acting Lessons by Kathryn R. Blake
Harder Choices by Patty Devlin
Spanking the Naughty Bride by Leena Darling
Surrender Your Grace by Maddie Taylor
Cursed Water by Casey McKay
Breeder by Cara Bristol
The Winner by Patricia Green
Switch by Kate Richards

Okay... I think I listed all of them. Wow. That's a lot of books. And all of them were enjoyable too.

So, which books were your favorites? Did any discussions lead you to go and buy a copy of the book? Did you read any books that you might not have otherwise?

Any suggestions for next year?




2 comments:

  1. What a selection.That's a lot of books to read. And thank you for featuring so many of MY books. I do have a suggestion for next year: An Old-Fashioned Christmas by Nickie Flynn. It's a good book, but it did raise some issues, which makes for great discussion fodder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought this after Bethany mentioned Amazon put the book on its naughty list. There's nothing about the cover or the blurb to suggest it deserved to be shelved, so now I definitely have to read it to see why it raised issues. Thanks for the recommendation, Cara.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment!