Monday, March 5, 2012

Blogging---What's the Point?

I write short, funny, romantic stories about couples who practice Domestic Discipline. Most of my stories are published on Discipline and Desire and are available for subscribers to that site. I also have a book of short stories that contains about 14 of my short stories (including some of the stories that I've posted here in serialized form). I also hope to have another book or two out by the end of 2012.

So, why do I also have a blog? Well, for one thing, so that I can promote my ebook (let's be honest) and make some sales. I also want to build a readership for future books (and thus increase sales).

But, I'd like to think that it's not all about me and it's not all about making money for myself, so I've decided to also try to be a good citizen of the blogging community by supporting other writers by buying and reviewing their books.

Why?

Well, for one thing, it gives me a good excuse to buy more books and to read them. For another, it helps me to connect to others who are writing. And finally, I think that it might fill a bit of a niche out there for readers. I'm just starting to get time to look around at all the different spanking blogs that are out there (btw---I review all sort of books, not just spanking/bdsm) and it's amazing to see the variety. Some people blog about their personal experiences, some post photos, some write fiction. Where do I fit in? I hate the idea of being redundant (though in the blogosphere I think that's bound to happen).

So, I hope that you'll come back to enjoy some of my writing and my reviews books written by others.

And, if you have a minute, let me know that you're out there!

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I'm out here! I've read some of your stories on Discipline and Desire but sadly, let my subscription lapse. I should do something about that!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment!