Thursday, January 26, 2012

Book Review: The Boss's Pet: The Contract

I downloaded a copy of Tonya Kinzer's The Boss's Pet: The Contract a few days ago. I've been following Tonya on Twitter and know that she has several books in The Boss's Pet series, so decided to start at the beginning.

The Boss's Pet follows the adventures of Sondra and her employer, Nick. What starts out as a professional relationship eventually evolves into a romance. Nick introduces Sondra to a whole lifestyle of which she was unaware. This book, which is the first in the series, follows their relationship as they move from employer/employee to lovers and eventually to discussions of a dom/sub relationship.

I thought that the author handled the process of someone considering this lifestyle in a very plausible way. Sondra was thoughtful, but curious, in her exploration of the lifestyle and her own thoughts about it. The story is told from the point of view of both Sondra and Nick and this enables us to see Nick's thoughts as well---including the fact that he cares about Sondra and is concerned about moving at a pace that is comfortable for her. The fact that he's rich, handsome and an incredible lover doesn't hurt either!

The sex and bondage scenes were very erotic and full of emotion. I really felt like I was experiencing the same things as Sondra (well...almost).

I enjoyed this book and plan to buy and read the rest of the series. I suggest you do the same.

1 comment:

  1. Celeste...wow..thank you so much for taking the time to read The Contract. I'm glad you enjoyed it and the ease at which I moved Sondra into the lifestyle. The other books do get a bit steamier so I hope you're able to enjoy the rest in the series. Thank you for being so generous with your kind words! Muah!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment!